Thursday, October 18, 2012

EduCreations


Have you seen this handy screen capturing app? Educreations is a FREE iPad app that allows you to create screen cast videos of your lessons and then share them. Some really great features are that you can take pictures of items to use in your videos within the app or even import pictures from your album. The screen cast allows you to create multiple page before or during your recording. You can even duplicate pages. Once your video is complete, you have the option to share it on the Educreations site, get the link, post to Facebook, or post to Twitter. You can even grab the embed code for posting online! Here's a simple one I made:

I'm using it to record quick demos of each math lesson. My parents are great about helping their children, but this new math program is so different, they're not sure how to help. I'm hoping these videos will clear things up. They'll also be great for students who are absent, or just need a review.

*One downside I noticed is that there doesn't seem to be a way to save a video, then come back and edit it. Maybe I'll find a way when I spend more time in the app. 

Have you used this app? Any advice or ideas?

This post also featured on:

3 comments:

  1. I've been using ScreenChomp for a similar purpose in the past, but I'll have to give this one a try. I like the idea of being able to prep multiple slides before starting the recording.

    Thanks for sharing!
    Alison
    Eberopolis

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous and I would love to use this. The video of you writing was made totally on your Ipad? or was that a smartboard recording. I desparately need to post tutorials for my chronically absent children. I also have parents from all over the world with little understanding, this seems to be an option. Last question: can the video clip be pasted into a pdf to be posted onto or attched to a parent email?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sewrachel, I did it all with my iPad. I have a stylus that made writing easier. There is a browser version that looks similar and will capture recordings you make on your PC or Smartboard. There is an email option, but it emails a link, I'm not sure if you can convert the file or not.

    ReplyDelete